Before You Show
You're ready to compete at your first NRHA event, so be sure you have everything you need to make your first show a success. Paperwork might be boring, but ensuring everything is in order will guarantee you're off to a great start. There are a few major documents you must have before you compete, and they pertain to membership, ownership, and eligibility.
Rider's Membership Card
- Non Pro and Rookie Competitors must obtain Non Pro status prior to showing.
- Open Competitors must have a Professional, Non Pro, or a Youth membership.
- Youth, Prime Time, and Masters riders must have a birth date on file.
- Associate members are only eligible to compete in Category 10 (Green Reiner, Ride & Slide) classes.
Owner's Membership Card
- Owners must have a current membership on file. General, Non Pro, Youth, and Professional memberships are acceptable.
- All horses entered in NRHA approved competition (with the exception of Category 10 classes) must have a competition license.
- The NRHA show year runs January 1-December 31. Eligibility for horses and riders can be checked in ReinerSuite on nrha.com or by contacting
the NRHA Office.